Monday 10 August 2009

Finding Fungi

I've accepted that I will have to be a bit more diligent in gathering information to move my fungi ident capability forward, so that should take effect from my next foray.
In the meantime I've had a stab at identification of the following which I spotted in Gosforth Park NR on Monday evening, but all comments would be welcome.

Honey Fungus



Amanita rubescens - Blusher.
There was just the single specimen approx 10cm dia.cap.


Hypholoma capnoides - Conifer Tuft.
The caps were no more than 1.5cm dia at this stage, and growing on a rotting tree stump in very wet conditions.


Coprinus but are they xanthotrix or cinerus?
These were growing on a patch of old wood chippings, with the open cap approx 3cm dia.

1 comment:

kirstallcreatures said...

Great pic of the slug on the conifer tuft! I too find Coprinus difficult to distinguish. Keep at it, you're doing a great job. L