Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Plan Worked

We had never had any success with attracting Goldfinch to the garden feeders but recently we have had them on the telephone wires just outside the front door.
So we obtained some Nyger seed and appropriate feeder and after a couple of blank days in the back garden I transferred it to the front.
Two days ago we had a Greenfinch investigating the feeder but today bingo!
a couple of Goldfinch visited on an hourly basis.
So managed a few pics through the window.



Next step is to try to tempt them into the back garden where I stand a bit of a chance of obtaining photos without using the windows

3 comments:

Emma Anderson said...

Marvellous stuff, that Nyger seed. The goldfinches and siskins love it in my garden. Last year, when I first installed the new feeder, I had three Redpoll arrive on the same day.

Citybirding said...

Hi Emma,
I'm quite looking forward to see just what else might turn up.
Dick

kirstallcreatures said...

Hurrah! The pics look good, keep us posted. L