Tuesday 25 May 2010

Arcot

Last evening I wandered around Arcot Pond site, mainly around the perimeter.
First of all there was a Great Spotted Woodpecker at the top of the tallest dead tree trunk.
Many Willow Warbler calling from the hedgerows a Kestrel lifted off the grassland and went over the hedge. Common Whitethroat and Chiffchaff were calling from deep inside the may covered Hawthorn hedging.


Reed Buntings were perched on the reed heads (have just realised I have deleted those photos - numpty)
Deer appeared in a couple of locations round the pond and a single Grey Partridge lifted off and flew ahead

3 comments:

kirstallcreatures said...

Oh where's Arcot Pond then? How frustrating it is it to delete stuff. I once deleted a batch of pics by refomatting my card whilst I was reviewing them, it was as if my hands had a mind of their own and I was fully conscious of it happening but couldn't stop myself! Now that was truly numptiific...

Citybirding said...

Hi Linda,
Arcot is approx a couple of miles north of Gosforth Park. I understand it formed from collapsed mine workings.

HowdonBlogger said...

Its a great place, expecially first thing in the morning. Just google Arcot Golf Glub, make your way there then 200m South of the Entrance there is a couple of pull offs and a gate. You cant miss it unless your blind (come to think of it I might have passed it a couple of times at first)

John