Friday 7 October 2011

Popular Prestwick

Had a couple of hours before the takeaway opened so another visit to Prestwick Carr. When I arrived Bill was all on his lonesome but before long carloads were arriving.
I managed to spot a distant perched owl, which I was unable to distinguish between Long or Short since there were no eyes to be seen.
However after many pairs of human eyes it seemed to be agreed as a Long-eared Owl.
Over the period we caught sight of three other perched Short-eared Owls but  it was soon time for me to head towards the Queen Vic and the New Bengal.
Not having seen an Owl in flight on this particular visit I thought I'd add this painting on which I'm still working.
Am trying to record my memory of watching them taking off to hunt, from their well used fenceposts.




No comments: