Wednesday 16 April 2014

Nice birds

Another fine morning yesterday so decided to revisit the banks of the Tyne at Prudhoe.
First sightings as I locked the car was a pair of Bullfinch.
I found myself a perch on the riverbank and it wasn't long before a pair of Grey Wagtail appeared and stayed nearby for about half an hour.


A Dipper lifted from a midstream perch and I was surprised at how high it climbed before making its way to the bank. I saw this repeated a number of times.


Walking downstream I was amazed at the number of butterfly and they included my first year
sighting of Orange Tip and Green veined White.


There were dozens of Small Tortoiseshell, Peacock, Speckled Wood and Comma.
A Common Sandpiper made its way upstream pausing for a short while on a sandy spit.
I wasn't the only one enjoying the sun


A Buzzard soared higher and higher until out of sight

No comments: